Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Trip to Domein Kiewit


...with Peter Pan and “Tinkerbel” Veerle. We all squeezed in to Papa’s car and drove to Domein Kiewit in Hasselt. Starting from the parking…I was amazed with how many brrrroom brrrroom I saw! And I’ve noticed…I was not the only kid in a buggy. Looks like it’s a children’s day out today. With the nice weather and soft temperature, everybody just wants to take advantage of it. Mamas, Papas, Omas, Opas and even the woof-woof are all outside having fun.

Near the entrance were the goats and the thick-wooled sheep (ready for shaving). Papa and Veerle gave them some dry bread and as common knowledge..goats chew the whole day! If we didn’t stop giving bread, they probably finished the whole bag of bread.



Then we visited the “Kinderboerderij” Kids farm and saw this huge farm horse and some donkeys. Veerle took again some of her old bread out the bag and started feeding them. But the huge horse just took everything from Veerle’s hand (while drooling), leaving nothing to the poor donkeys…I guess with his size, he plays as the Master-of-their-universe.



We went on to the next…hens, roosters, turkeys and a weird looking guinea fowl. We also wanted to give them some old bread but we saw there were still some bread lying on the ground.



Across were the giant pigs! There were only two of them but they eat for 10. Huge beasts I should say. Afterwards, we went on and continued walking to the lake…and there were lots of kwak kwaks! The male ducks, a lot more beautiful than the female. Papa showed me how to give them bread and I followed.



Playing on the grass, rolling on the dried leave and twigs was also fun! The new pair of pants I had on that day was totally wasted! Sorry Mama but getting dirty is a lot more fun!



There was a big field where we ran and played football. Some children organization arrived and some girlscouts as well. The bigger kids parked their bikes and the younger ones were walking behind the leader in rows. I played football with Papa, Mama and Peter Pan. Veerle was our cameracrew, just being careful of my playmate in her tummy (hihi).



And yes, it was tiring. Time for a drink. On the way, I saw 3 kids with this group. They have bikes…I headed towards them to say “Dada” and to ask if I can borrow their bike…and it looks like they are heading towards me..or towards my bumba ball! We made a deal, I will lend them my ball if I can borrow one of the bikes. It was a good deal. They immediately kicked my ball and I stepped on one of the bikes (with Papa’s help). It was fun but I was still too short to reach the pedals. So, as I was stepping out I had the plan to go on and have that drink…but I, of course, still have to get my ball back. And as expected…they don’t want to give it back. And my strategy: I waited till they kick the ball and I ran as fast as I can after my ball! And when I caught it, I ran away with it!



Fruitpap, cookies and lots of water. Yum yum, that made me hungry, thirsty and tired. After my snack, Mama put me in my buggy to sleep, I took advantage of it and slept…zzzzzzzzz. While they were eating their delicious pancake, I was in dreamland!

After an hour or so, it was time to go home. On the way out of the domein we saw some the “Kabouter” group of girlscouts playing by the field. The girl in front has to turn her back to the rest of the group and then the group have to run towards her..and when she turns to them they have to stop. Whoever moves will be called out of the herd. I didn’t get the logic of the game but I was poiting as well. The girl called out names of those who moved..and I was calling and pointing to Papa. That was hilarious!




Then they all ran towards me! It was overwhelming. They all wanted to talk to me at the same time. I don’t know who to talk to first! So I just said to all..”How are you doin’?” and they all started laughing.



Well, its time to say goodbye, it hurts to say goodbye to all those girls but…I have to. I have to make difficult decisions in my life once in a while. Till in my dreams girls!

Feeling-popular-Niels


No comments: