Monday, April 22, 2013

A Premier: Nina in school!


Here we are now, exactly a week after Nina’s first day in school but the excitement I felt that first day hasn’t subsided yet. Every day is still “Nina’s First-Day-in-School” for me at least.

15 April 2013

As already long planned and has been a yearly tradition that Nico and I bring the kids to their first day in School, this time its only me cause Nico had a duty-call ;-) And I witnessed my kids’ first day in school after a 5 week vacation…and for Nina its HER First time to go to School.

Big brother Niels was so proud that his baby sister is now going to his school as well.  The excitement was so high for them, and not forgetting…FOR ME TOO!

When we got to school, I took their picture together.  And as always, Nina copied exactly how Niels posed…from tongue to foot position!

 
 
Then we proceeded to Nina’s class.  We placed her bag where it should be, she took her jacket out and hang it on her piggy icon where she should hang it every single day.

 



A few seconds after, her smile got smaller and smaller. She probably realized that Mama and Niels will not be staying with her in that room the whole day.  She started staring at me while her eyes talk to me and said…”Mama don’t leave me here alone…”   I didn’t look long at her any longer because I might cry (haha) and just quickly said “See you later” But then she opened her cute little mouth and words came out saying, “Mama, jij ook hier blijven!  Mama you stay here too!”  The teacher heard it, picked her up, asked her to give Mama 1 last kiss, and Niels and I went away…otherwise I will be tempted to bring Nina back home (hahaha).

Outside, I also said “See you later”’ to Niels, gave him a kiss and said, “Take care of your little sister!”  And he strongly answered “YES!”

Good I had some work to do at home otherwise waiting for 3pm will be the longest 6 hours ever!

At 3:15pm I left and rushed back to school to pick my sweethearts up.  It got there too early but its ok, it’s the excitement-to-see-them-again’s fault ;-) 

First Niels’ class was done and we went together to pick Nina up from her class.  Oh and then I saw my little princess, readily waiting for me, with her jacket on and her bag on her back…hair still nicely pushed back after those hours of playing…I called her, “Ninatje!”  She looked at me with a big smile and said “Hey Mama….waar is Niels? Where is Niels?”  Then Niels showed up and that gave an even bigger smile on her face!  She was more excited to see Niels than me! Hahahaha

I talked a bit with the teacher to ask how she was on her first day.  The teacher said that she was a very good girl, she ate her sandwich and fruit good and she played good. Well, what did I expect? Before I could even say BYE to her teacher, my 2 ragdolls were already on the way outside to the playground.

Niels was shouting that I have to follow because he wants to show me how he helped Nina climb on the slide earlier during playtime.  And so I watched them.

It melted my heart seeing and knowing that my 2 sweethearts are playing and looking for each other especially when Nico nor I are around.





Niels was so proud to have his sister with him in school, and Nina looooved the attention ;-)

Then we went home, Nina showed her smiley stamp, rested a bit and 15 mins later Nina was ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.




 

No comments: