Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waves and Sand for Papa's birthday...in Oostende


Yesterday was a special day, not only it is a national feastday for Belgium, it is also Papa’s birthday!

We planned an overnight in Oostende to have more time to enjoy the seawater, the waves, the sand digging, and the making of my mini damns.

It was a perfect day for this perfect occasion. As soon as we found a spot, mama put up our tent and papa and I proceeded to our agenda…its PLAY TIME!



Sand, sand and more sand.




Afterwards, we went a little bit closer to the water and from then on it was water, water and more water.



Brrrrrrrr! Water was cold but neither Papa nor I didn’t care. After a while, guess who accidentally was also there in Oostende??? Ermina and Vincent! Ermina was like me, hungry to jump into the water. Vincent was a little bit more fascinated with my toys and the sand near the tent than the water…but anyway, I continued.





We built a damn around me, Papa and I. First we only made a high wall in front so the water won’t go in my hole…but the wave was too strong and my hole got filled with water while I was sitting in it. We learned our lesson and built a wall around my hole! Talking about war strategies! I have to defend my hole from the enemy…the wave! I hired Papa as my engineer and he helped me a lot! He fetched the water to build our wall :-) Thanks Papa.



Then it was time for us to check in the hotel. While Mama and Papa were by the desk checking in I….ZZZZzzzzzzz…yup, I fell asleep. I was so tired, wasn’t able to sleep in the car on the way to Oostende out of excitement and when we got there I was so busy playing, didn’t have time to sleep. And at one point, I cant fight my sleep anymore, I gave in. I closed my eyes and slept.

When we woke up, yes, we (cause Mama and Papa also took a nap)! We went for a walk along the bank and had fries for dinner.

I didn’t wait for the fireworks anymore cause it only started at 11pm. But looks like Mama and Papa did.



That was a nice overnight. This morning, we had breakfast and went home…on the way home, in my familiar place (in my car seat) I fell asleep again. Still catching up from yesterday’s lack of sleep. By the time I woke up we were almost home. After unloading our bagages, we played all over again :-)

Such a nice life I have! All play!!!

The ever playful Niels

No comments: