Thursday, May 22, 2008

Het is bewezen!

dat ik een echte stoere jongen ben!



Yesterday evening, after her 1-hr-train-delay, Mama was able to pick me up from onthaalmoeder Nicole and onthaalvader Ronny :-) Hastily, we drove to Kind and Gezin not to miss our appointment for my vaccination...she didnt know I was wishing we miss it! But yeah, I did not blow any birthday candle yet so my wish was not granted. We were there, lots of babies still...and we waited an hour for our turn.

When Mama undressed me, I know already what will happen. But first they measured me and weighed me (whew!). I am now 7,890 kilo and 64,5 cm. Good huh? And then the woman from K&G told Mama we are next for the doctor...u-oh! And that creepy door opened....

Oh! He was a funny doctor! I was laughing when he checked my tummy (he tickled me) and I was also talking to him when he was writing his report. Then papa asked the doctor, "Does that hurt?" The doctor said that there are babies who do not cry...but its not a lot. Mostly they cry.

So, injection on the right leg, injection on the left...and that was it! "Voila!" The doctor said. "Its finished." He added. Then I said "Waah!" for 2 seconds and when Mama picked me up and hugged me, "It's finished!" I added. And my Mama and Papa were soooo proud of me cause I only cried for 2 seconds. Who else will cry after a painful injection if Mama hugs you and Papa says you are a good boy? That is the best consolation!

Also, the no. 5 in my short term list....ACHIEVED!

[Translation: Het is bewezen dat ik een echte stoere jongen ben = It is proven that I am a real macho boy!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waw Niels, wat ben jij al een grote jongen! En je weegt al bijna 8 kg!!! Je mama zal ondertussen wel al sterke armen gekregen hebben :-).
Lieke heeft gisteren ook haar spuitjes gekregen en ze heeft ook bijna niet geweend. Flink zijn zit duidelijk in de familie! :-)
Liefs,
Hannelore, Joerie, Lieke en Zoef