Monday, July 19, 2010

Horse Jumping in Genk

Since it was such a beautiful day last saturday, Papa decided to bring us to Genk to watch the horse jumping contest.  But we were one day to early :-( However, it didn't ruin our day.  Not only it gave me more time to play than to watch horses...we also had the chance to look at the horses from up close and touched their noses :-) 

There were big ones, white ones, black ones, sleepy ones and eating ones.  Some of them have names that are familiar to me: Popeye, Bumba, Wickie, and Big from Big & Betsy.





We also ate pannekoek from the restaurant and I ordered on my own!  "Pannekoek met suiker" I told the waitress :-)

After a long tiring day...the way home looks like this:



The next day...the correct day, we went again to Genk but this time with Oma and Opa.  We watched the horses run through the forest, passing us swiftly with their heavy gallops, and saw them jump the high fences!  I also learned that once we hear a whistle...we have to go to the side quickly and stop cause it means that a horse is coming!!!

Afterwards, we went home and built the nicest sand figures with Oma!





Till the next blog!

No comments: