Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Nina's Red Spots


Normally, when a child has chickenpoks, the parents are more concerned than what's needed.  The child, aside from the itchyness or slight fever, has almost no trouble at all with those famous red spots all over their body. It all looks worse than it really is.


Well, I have to say that Nina is proud of her red spots.  One day, they went to the neighbors to play with the kids (already had chickenpoks years ago together with Niels) and she immediately pulled her shirt up to show them her tummy.  She showed her arms and her legs as well while saying, "Look at my red spots, I have a lot!  It's nice huh?" 

One night during the beginning stage of the chickenpoks development she didnt want to go to sleep and started crying.  I asked her why she didnt want to go sleep, and she answered "Because if I go to sleep then I will be itchy the whole night!" Poor little girl, she thinks sleeping makes her itchy...but I reassured her that I will put some cream on her so she will have less problem with the itch...and thanks goodness she agreed!

Aside from that one night, she didnt have any trouble at all, she still itches but its no big deal anymore.

And now that the wounds are healing, she is now allowed to jump into the pool!

Here is our Nina proudly showing her spots covered with cream:




Hope it wouldnt leave any marks on her skin...

Mama Neri


No comments: