Thursday, December 06, 2012

Sinterklaas 2012


Yup its Dec 6 again and all children in Belgium has placed their shoes and plates full of carrots, sugar cubes and drinks for the ever famous Saint Nicolas, his "Zwarte Pieten" and his white horse "Slecht-weer-vandaag"...and my kids are no exception.

All that preparation, stress and excitement did deliver a good result.

Niels even had some night-before-stress. He was not sure which letter he pasted the picture of the Barbie pony anymore...on his or on Nina's letter?

Niels: What am I gonna do with a pony if Sinterklaas decides to give that to me...I dont want a Barbie pony, that was supposed to be for Nina.

I assured him: But you pasted that on Nina's letter....

Niels: No I think I wrongly pasted it on the Nina-and-Niels letter...oooh noh!

After a few seconds...I think he just accepted the fact that he might get that...and he said:

Niels: Well, boys can play with Ponies too right Mama?

And Nina, oh she was so sweet tonight...told her she has to be otherwise she wont get any gifts from Sinterklaas (hahaha)...and she even said "Goodnight Mama!" before I went downstairs...normally she just says "Mijn deken is niet goed Mama" (my blanket is not proper mama)...

Oh how blackmail could work sometimes with kids. (ehem)


Here are some of our pre-photos, day-itself-photo, and post-photos:

Nina preparaing the carrots on the plates
The end result: Carrots, sugar cubes, cups of milk and their letters

And what did they get??? ALL OF THESE!!!
And Sinterklaas also left a letter...


Nina immediately grabbed a piece of chocolate

Looking closely to what she got

Niels with his new favorite toy!

Sinterklaas also visited the soccer club:

Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet distributing the bags of candies

And Niels with his gift





No comments: