Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

WOW! Im 35!  A 3 and a 5? Oh my!  What can I say?  I still remember when I was in grade school that I ask Nanay how old she is so I can fill it up in one of my assignments about family and she says 35... and now I myself am 35 years old? GOSH!

Wanna see how my party went?

Nina getting shy on Stig, first she wants to kiss him and suddenly she turned around!

Niels playing "Twister!"

Nina opening her gift from Stig, Fee, Peter Pan & Tinkerbel

My cake and 3 candles ;-)

Ok, Neri looking old and fat!

The girls wanting to make their drawings

The boys with the Wii

My youngest party poeper Emie!

Fee and Nina watching Plop, I think they are gonna be good girlfriends!

My gift from Niels: he drew all the people we invited...until there was no space anymore

My gift from Nina, stamps from Buzz Lightyear!

Gift from Niels part 2

My collection of birthday gifst from my 2 kiddos!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And here is a gift from Tatay & Nanay:

From: Ben Palacio
To: neri palacio
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:43 AM
Subject: THREE DECADES + FIVE

Your Nanay and I greet you a Happy Birthday.

I was 35 years old in 1984 and boy it was a miserable year. Ninoy was assassinated a year before. The peso's purchasing power took a nosedive. We could no longer pay the Pagibig monthly amortizations. And Danny asked me worriedly, " Tatay bat hindi mo na kami binibili ng hotdog ".

During those days, the nights seemed darker. With 3 kids in tow and the grand future to prepare for, we had to look up no matter what.

The beautiful dawn finally broke through in 1986, people power.

It's 2012 today and I hope all is well as we see and feel and dream nowadays.

Life is beautiful.

Again Happy Birthday!

Tatay and Nanay

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And here is my gift from Nico:


Thanks to all who sent SMS, facebook messages, emails and personal greets!

LOVE you all!

Neri

No comments: