Saturday, December 03, 2011

Sinterklaas...jij bent echt een kapoentje!


Sinterklaas took over the whole of Belgium...every house...every kid's heart

And my kids are no exception.  The night before Sinterklass, his white horse Slecht-weer-vandaag, and his Zwarte Piets arrived, Niels and Nina with Papa and Mama's help put their shoes ready for hopefully a truckload of gifts...or at least those that they asked from Sinterklaas.

Niels who was quite nervous if he will get gifts (I dont know why...) was a sport (making up to his stoute-dagen) and did quite a good preparation for the coming of the Sint.

He was holding his hand by his heart when they showed Sinterklaas on television announcing if there are bad boys or girls this year...I still cant forget the expression on his face...and how he clapped so hard when the Sint said " There are no naughty boys or girls this year"

This week wednesday, Sinterklaas visited school...the day before he started to cry in the bathroom and said..."Mama! My foot hurt!  You have to write a letter to Juf Roos that I cant come to school tomorrow...you have to bring me to the doctor"  I thought it was something serious...afterwards I realized that he knows Sinterklaas is coming to school the next day and he was probably scared that the Sint will tell him that he has been naughty...(I have to keep myself from laughing and have to look serious) and told him, its OK, and that the pain will be gone later.

With Papa, preparing a glass of beer for Sinterklaas
Carrots and sugar for the horse and a cup of water for Zwarte Piet


And this is what they got the morning after...


An empty bumba cup, half drunk beer, and LOAD of toys, chocolates and cookies!!!





Nina and Niels were soooo busy and very happy opening and trying out all the gifts they got!

Have fun!


No comments: