Monday, July 04, 2011

Its summer vacation!!!

Here is the english version as promised (please refer to the pictures and video in the dutch version):

A few days before the vacation started, I made Mama and Papa so proud when I showed them I can write my name :-)

And here is a bigger news!

Balen's Tour De France is open!

By the compilation, you will see my team working IN ACTION preparing for the tour....

My trainer and Cameraman: Papa
He gives me good advise on how to bike really fast and on how to fall correctly

My technician: Opa
He makes sure everything is oiled and all screws are tightly fixed.

Also have a medical team with me: Mama
She is not in the picture though cause she is also Nina's nurse :-)

And Nina and Oma are my biggest fans!!!

1...2...3...START!

(See video for more sensation!)

The first few moments (about a minute hehe) it was kinda weird.  Getting on a bike with pedals and with only 2 tires!  How am I going to sit on it?  Isnt it too big for me? I asked myself.  But when I started moving my legs and began to roll, it went so smooth as if I have already been biking all my life!  Everyone was amazed (even me!) and of course they were all very proud of me.

So I biked, and biked and biked until to the moment that I wanted to stop...ooh oooh...HOW???  So what I did was I drove on to Oma's grass and try to fall on the soft grass...but I rolled down on the hard pavement and scratched my knees a little bit.  Not really a big deal cause I had a good and very experienced Medical team!

Next time - Papa said - Call me when you want to stop so I can help you get off the bike.

And I didnt make a second thought and shouted..."Papa! I want to stooooop!"

And the day ended sooo good!


Niels

No comments: