Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blessing in disguise...


The last months Niels has been getting more and more attached to his "tutje"  We have been telling him over and over again that he only has to use it when he is going to sleep...and still while he is playing, he puts it in his mouth and sucks it in.  It was starting to bother me...the sight of seeing him, a 3 years old, going to school and still has a "tutje" in his mouth.

But last thursday night, the unexpected happened.

We were in the bathroom, I was preparing Niels for his sleep.  He said he needs to go pipi first before we put his pyjama on...that time he has his "tutje" in his mouth.  He wanted to pipi standing up like how they do it in school...so, we were facing the toilet bowl, he was peeing, I was waiting till he was finished.  When he was finished I asked him, "So, are you finished?"  And he immediately yes "Yeah"...and suddenly PLOP!

I looked into the toilet bowl and sees the "tutje" floating...looks like his "tutje" fell out of his mouth when he said "Yeah" and then into the toilet! I quickly took it out and threw it in the sink.  He was quite shocked though but I told him we will try some of the reserves that we have here at home and he can test if they are ok or not.

We tested a few but he gets tickled with it cause they are too small.  They are FOR BABIES!  So he said, "Mama, just get me one from the store tomorrow".

The next day, friday, when we got home from school he asked me, "Mama, did you buy me a new tutje from the store today?" And then starts my big white lie :-)

I said, "Yeah Niels I went to the store.  I asked the woman if they have tutje for 3-year-old kids and she said...Sorry Mama, we dont sell that anymore."  He was a little bit dissappointed at first, but it only lasted a few seconds and then he said to me "Ah, but I dont need that anymore"

So since then, Niels doesnt have tutje anymore.  He still sleeps good at night.

So our big boy has proven to us once again that HE IS A BIG BOY!

Once in a while he asks me, "Mama where is my tutje?"  And I say, "Yeah, it fell in the toilet remember?"  "Oh yeah" he will answer with a laugh :-)

What a blessing in disguise.

Nielske's last few days with his "tutje"

1 comment:

MrMrsPiller said...

haha another milestone for the big boy Niels! And good work Mama :)