Friday, February 25, 2005

The Moment…our moment

February 14...Valentine's Day...the day when everybody, all lovers in the world cherish each other.

Some get flowers

Some get a kiss

Some get a letter

with some news and bliss...

Steak and pasta was the planned dinner that night. "I would be preparing dinner" I told Nico.

4 o'clock, work is done, time to go home. On my way home, I got a call..."Hey Neri, I dont feel like eating steak tonight. Could we just prepare it next time?" asks Nico in an exhausted-from-work-and-traffic-voice. "OK" I said. So I went home, got to the train station. Normally, if Nico is home earlier than I am, he picks me up from the train station, this time HE CAN'T! So I took the bus and went home.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Neri is home! Nico opened the door, the room was dark..I only see silhouette of burning tea light candles at the background...hmmm...something is going on.

Nico was hiding something from the table. Oh my! Nico prepared dinner!!! But wait, we are not going to eat yet...Nico took my hand, brought me to the living...and knelt down! Oh my god!

"Neri (while holding my hand) I fell in love with you the moment I saw you...Will you marry me?" and the rest is better left unsaid...

Of course I accepted while my tears rolled down my eyes from joy! Its a totally different feeling, difficult to describe and to imagine. As if our relationship has gone into this special phase, we have crossed over. Then Nico has on his finger this beautiful golden ring with 5 small diamonds...put it in mine accompanied with a bouquet of flowers...and we toasted on it with a bottle of champagne.

From that moment on, I felt like a real lady, asked by a true gentleman to be with him for the rest of lives...

No comments: